Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

10 weeks

Today feels like a bit of a landmark. Baby has become a fetus now, over an inch long, swallowing amniotic fluid, moving around lots and with details emerging like hair and fingernails. My usual jeans are a wee bit tight when buttoned... I have definitely gained a few pounds already.

This week we have our first appointment with a group of midwives in our neighborhood. I am praying that we can hear a heartbeat with the doppler, although it may be a tad on the early side to be able to do that for sure. I just hope.

Soon I think we'll be ready to announce this pregnancy to the world at large!

4 comments:

nonnomarkus said...

I still would love to see a picture... I had a hard time keeping your little secret when I saw Oma this week

Maria said...

So now that its a fetus have you started to call it JoJo? Also if your pants need a new home, ill take them!

carltheod said...

YAY! I have trouble keeping it a secret from chris and lucy. I was on the verge of telling them about how dad is going to call himself Nonno, when I realized that would give it away. my mouth opened and everything, then I just looked like a idiot and closed it again.

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

I'm glad things are going well Steff. I can't wait to hear how your appt goes--I hope you're able to hear a hb too! Let us know how it goes!