Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Midwife appt.

Well, it appears I have puffed up a bit more than is really good for me in the last couple weeks. I have had a lot of water weight gain in the last weeks and my face and hands are puffy, which can be associated with pregnancy induced hypertension. So far my blood pressure is a still a bit below the threshold where it becomes a real problem, and we're hoping a little rest, relaxation and baby coming out soon will solve it with no further intervention. I will be checking my blood pressure at home and having weekly appointments now. And no more working for me, which is honestly a wonderful blessing because my poor feet barely fit my flip flops after a day on my feet at work- painful!
So, my plan is to enjoy the weather with some leisurely walks, prepare some foods to freeze for when the baby comes, take naps and rest. I am rather enjoying the idea of every day being Saturday for a while, and hopefully that calm attitude will be just what my body needs.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey Steffo, I've been thinking about you lately! I hope things continue to go okay, and that you get to rest and relax. What a relief to be done with work for awhile! If you need anything, let me know!

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

So glad that you're going to be not working any more! I think that will be best for you and baby!

Can't wait!