Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Big Belly labor class

We spent the weekend in class learning about labor and birth at Big Belly services this weekend. The class is based off the book "Birthing from Within". We both actually really enjoyed it, learned a lot and gained confidence in our ability to birth this baby! Now we just need to review and practice what we learned so that we keep everything that was crammed into our heads in just a couple short days.
It's starting to feel like time is getting short until baby arrives... I think mostly it feels that way because we are so busy and have so much going on between now and then. This weekend is Easter and we will be home for family fun, next weekend a baby shower with my coworkers and the following a shower with my girlfriends, the Yosts are coming down at some point to paint and prepare her room, my grandparents are coming to town to drop off our hand me down crib, we have baptism preparation, and we still have breastfeeding, newborn care and one more evening hospital based labor class. Phew! And I'm scheduled to work full time up until June 5... we'll see how that goes. 12 hours is starting to feel awfully long. Anyway, it'll be a whirlwind and then she'll be here! I can hardly wait.

2 comments:

carltheod said...

busy busy busy... but I bet that's a good thing. It'll keep you and the baby healthy.

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

I can't wait to hear more about your birthing class Steff! It sounds like it was really cool though. Was there artwork involved? :) Also, I LOVE the belly videos! So strange, but so lovely. Doesn't seem that long ago that Kate was doing that to my belly. :) Glad you liked our beach photo shoot. Thought you might like her outfit... :)