Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

25 week update


Heidi came to visit this weekend, which was a little unfortunate in the timing as I started getting sick with my first cold of the season on Friday. Eric had a brief little cold last week, so I thought that this would pass quickly, but I seem to have gotten hit a bit harder and longer than he did. And I can't take any cold medicine... blech!
Heidi did get to feel lots of baby kicks, which she had been anxiously awaiting. Lately I have been trying to figure out what body part I am feeling when she moves, but so far all I can tell is "big parts" vs. "small parts", which I am guessing are head/butt/back and hands/feet.
Also fun was playing with a new toy I borrowed from my coworker Christina, who is due to deliver her baby girl in a week or so. She lent me her doppler listening device, which has two sets of headphones and so we can both (or all three with Heidi) listen in to her heartbeat and movement.
I have also been industriously working on several matching little blueberry hats which I am going to give to several of the babies of my coworkers that are going to be born within the same few weeks. Should be pretty cute, I'll post a picture when I finish!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Go heidi, you rock those hot pink shoes!

Heidi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

I know my shoes are awesome, thanks Ria! Steff here's my promised comment!!!!!!!!!!!!

carltheod said...

I can't wait for easter so I can finally feel her kick! That's so far off though... we haven't even started lent. I wish I could have visited, but it just wasn't gonna happen.

nonnomarkus said...

this is funny. i would have NEVER noticed the pink shoes without the comments...