Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Centering group #2

Today we had our second centering group with the midwives. It was fun to hear baby's heartbeat, and to discuss the pregnancy stuff going on with all the group members. We have a pretty fun bunch, so it was humorous and light and easy to talk.
My belly is measuring right on track at 21 weeks, which was nice to hear because I have been getting a lot of comments from people about how I am "so small". People love to comment... and probably think they are giving me a compliment, but I wanted to be sure baby is growing and of course everything is just fine. I'll just chalk it up to my long torso. Besides, I don't feel small at all!
Also, we have to go back for another ultrasound in the next few weeks because the radiologist didn't get a good enough look at blood flow out of baby's heart due to position. So, hopefully she'll cooperate the second time around. It will be fun to sneak another peak at her, and if the tech is feeling generous I may get another peek between the legs to be *sure* our peanut is a girl.
This weekend we are headed to Portland for some quality family time, and then next week it's off the Whistler for a 4 day vacation with Katie and Kevin, so we'll be busy for the next few weeks!

3 comments:

carltheod said...

I think most people just think of a huge belly when they hear pregnant. I'm sure she's doing fine, you just haven't reached the dramically huge stage yet.

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

Glad to hear your appt went well! It will be fun to see your girl again too!

BTW, I think your belly is super cute! And just the perfect size! :)

clayton said...

Your belly is huge! I didn't want to say anything before, but now that you've let me know that it's okay... :)