Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

20 weeks

Did you notice that the "count down" and the "days to go" on the widget are the SAME today?!? Halfway! Sort of... although since I didn't know I was pregnant until 4 weeks or so, it doesn't really feel like halfway yet. Baby girl weighs about 10-11 ounces now, and is 10 inches long!
I have been feeling lots of activity every day, which is really fun. Eric has spent a lot of time with his hands on my belly waiting to feel one of the kicks that feel quite strong to me, and last night finally felt a small tap. Hopefully they will get stronger and stronger so that he can really feel the reality of this as much as I am! Another reality check... I went and bought a few very cute baby outfits the day after we found out our baby is a girl, so now we have some girl clothes sitting on the couch in our office along with several great gender neutral hand me downs we already had. Looking at those makes things seem very real!
The girl name game has now finally begun in earnest. I think it is going to be a difficult choice, girl names are so much harder than boys. We want a strong name with some history or meaning, pronounable in german, not too frilly but still feminine, and not too popular but still not too unrecognizable or difficult to pronounce. We have a long list but agreeing on names that fit is a challenge. Anyone have suggestions?

3 comments:

carltheod said...

can you give us some examples are we can kinda vote?

Maria said...

Maria, duh!

nonnomarkus said...

How about Marka?