Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Monday, August 5, 2013

31 weeks



Pregnancy stats (I'm totally stealing this format from another pregnant friend because I love her updates):
Symptoms: my sciatica is back on the right. I had a few better weeks and now I'm limping around again and really have to watch the lifting and ending because its quite painful.
My blood pressure is creeping up, so I am on weekly checks for that. With the blood pressure comes some lovely swelling, especially in the heat.
Speaking of heat, I'm hot all the time. Second hot summer in a row being pregnant... This year I'm not as worried about the AC bill and if its hot, I'm turning it on.
Weight gain: 23 pounds so far.
Cravings: iced tea, Arnold Palmer, iced coffee!! I'm hungry a lot, but seem to be experiencing am effect similar to that of a  Gastric bypass patient; there's no space for food, so I'm instantly full, then quickly hungry again. Annoying.
Movement: Hiccups, all the time. More rolling, fewer jabs. It must be getting tight in there.
Emotions: feeling intermittently more joyous and nesting a lot, also feeling anxiety and impatience. I really want the baby stuff ready!! I have washed a couple loads of clothes/diapers/blankets etc, but I only have one small dresser to put it in. I need to get some containers and shelves, put up a crib, etc. I want to look at it, have it motivate me and bolster me through the last weeks. I need a positive focus point. I want to visualize a happy ending! The pic below shows where we are with the baby space... 



Gemma's birthday coming up has me feeling a lot of renewed grief, and that is hard to balance. We are working on some prayer flags and ideas for a little birthday remembrance celebration. It's really nice to spend time working on something for her. 


No comments: