Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Zealand trip

Well we are finally home after 3 weeks in beautiful, warm and sunny New Zealand. We had a fabulous time. Josie did really well with all the flying, but her parents were exhausted nonetheless! Josie had a mild illness the first week which made her a bit grouchy, but after that she was really a champ. She loved having all the family around all the time and woke up every morning declaring "Nonno, Mommo!" which are her names for her grandparents.
We most hung around Pauanui and enjoyed the water and the beach, but also made it to the top of My. Pauanui, to the abandoned gold mines near Tairua, out for a couple shopping trips in nearby towns, to Hahei beach near Cathedral cove and swimming in the Tairua river.
I didn't take many photos, but here are a few of Josie. My dad will post a thorough gallery soon, I am sure!









3 comments:

Father and daughter vacation in New Zealand said...

Nice photos!

I am taking my then 7 year old daughter to New Zealand for the Rugby World Cup and a whole lot of adventure while we are there. I am going to have a peek more at your blog. I plan on documenting the entire trip. We are both so excited about going. Our trip is for 39 days in September and October.

Cheers!

Shane & Tegan

Anonymous said...

I hope the straw hat is Josie's!!!!

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

Looks like a lot of fun Steff! You are so brave to do such a long plane ride-but it looks like it was worth it! Looking forward to seeing you!