Our Family's Life

This is a chronicle of our daily life in the Yost family. Josie Maria was born 5/31/2009, and has become the focus of our world! Our second daughter Gemma Grace was born unto Heaven 8/14/12. Enjoy photos, anecdotes and milestones.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

sleep breakthrough

Oh. my. goodness. Josie went to sleep last night in her OWN CRIB at 8:30, and I woke up at 5:30 feeling STUNNED that I had not heard a peep all night. For a minute I was worried, is my baby alive? Sure enough, she slept 9 hours IN A ROW!!! That is double her previous best, and many MANY time better than she has been doing recently. This is a major breakthrough for us, and just in time too! I thought I was going to lose my mind this last week. Now we just have to exactly replicate the same conditions tonight and see what happens. Even if we go back to a few awakenings, now we know it's possible!

3 comments:

kdillon322 said...

Steff,
I'm so glad to hear this happened! She was probably so tired out from all the hard nights, she needed a good nights rest! And I know you did to! I'm interested to hear how tonight goes! Good luck!!

Katie

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

Congrats on your first "slept through the night!" Way to go Josie! I hope she repeats it for you guys soon!

clayton said...

I'm a little late reading this...I haven't been scrolling past that video! :)

Great news. I hope she's been sleeping well for you still.